Sunday, April 19, 2015

Multiplayer Thigns

Well, I tried to make it a weekly thing.  And I failed.  And I'm sorry.

Not much has happened over past few weeks.  After I found that the storage site we were using would only let us store 1GB of stuff on it I told Conrad that I would look for an alternative.  I am now using the recommended Perforce client and running a server myself, but Conrad and I are getting the same timeout problem we were with Subversion.  So there's that. :/

On the actual dev side of things, I've been figuring out how to make multiplayer work because, for the most part, all of the remaining basic features will requre some sort of multiplayer functionality to work (turns, disaster cards[which happen in between turns], and some UI stuff).  However, I found that our entire character setup is basically wrong.  So I had to remake everything.  Then I came across problem.  As of today, I have posted my problem on UE4's AnswerHub and am waiting a reply.

So that is the state of the game.  Hopefully the next time I make an update I'll have everything in a more working state.

No comments:

Post a Comment